Kennett Fire Company is currently seeking qualified applicants for the multiple PRN positions as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT).
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The EMT position is a professional first responder role. The following are primary duties and responsibilities:
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Ability to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions using the English language.
• Provide protection to life and property by responding to fire emergencies, alarms, accidents or calls for service by functioning as a firefighter or EMT.
• Provide emergency medical treatment to victims of accidents and illness and by providing safe and efficient transportation as required.
• Be familiar with all apparatus, ambulances and support vehicles and trailers.
• Be fluent in the Standard Operating Guidelines, State of Pennsylvania DOH, and the County of Chester.
• Assist with fire prevention duties and special details as assigned while on duty.
• While not performing in the role of an EMT, employees shall carry out other duties including operational readiness, care, and maintenance of apparatus and equipment carried on each vehicle. Employees shall be responsible for building maintenance, light custodial duties, and other duties assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty as previously outlined. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully serve as an EMT:
• Must be 21 years old prior to hire date
• Possess a valid driver’s license
• Current Pennsylvania DOH Emergency Medical Technician – Basic or Higher
• Current Health Care Provider CPR/AED Card
• Emergency Vehicle Operator Course (EVOC)
• Hazardous Materials Operations
• NIMS 100, 200, 700, and 800
• Preferred Qualifications:
o Firefighter I Certification
o Firefighter II Certification
o Pump Operations
o Basic Vehicle Rescue Technician
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Possess a High School Diploma or GED Equivalency;
• 2 years’ experience as primary care provider in 9-1-1 EMS setting;
• 2 years’ experience driving ambulances and fire apparatus in 9-1-1 setting
KFC offers an excellent competitive salary for the area, starting PRN EMTs at $15/hour. The work schedule will be minimum 12 hour shifts.
Qualified applicants should send resume and cover letter by US Mail or email:
Kennett Fire Company
Attn: Richard Franks, Supervisor
301 Dalmatian St.
Kennett, PA 19348