Kennett Fire Company is currently seeking qualified applicants for multiple PRN positions as a Firefighter (FF).
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The FF position is a professional first responder role. The following are primary duties and responsibilities:
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Ability to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions using the English language.
• Provide protection to life and property by responding to fire emergencies, alarms, accidents or calls for service by functioning as a firefighter.
• Must be in good physical condition as required by the essential job functions and be willing to submit to drug screening and a complete physical (upon conditional offer of employment and while employed).
• While not performing in the role of an FF, employees shall carry out other duties including operational readiness, care, and maintenance of apparatus and equipment. Employees shall be responsible for building maintenance, light custodial duties, and other duties assigned.
• Must be 21 years old prior to hire date
• Possess a valid driver’s license with clean record.
• Current Pennsylvania DOH Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) or Higher
• Current Health Care Provider CPR/AED Card
• Emergency Vehicle Operator Course (EVOC)
• Firefighter I Certification
• Firefighter II Certification
• Hazardous Materials Operations
• NIMS 100, 200, 700, and 800
• Preferred Qualifications:
o Vehicle Rescue Technician
o Pump Operations
o Water Rescue
o Bilingual (Spanish speaking)
Successful Applicants will be required to have clean Background and ChildLine clearances
Qualified applicants should send resume and cover letter by US Mail or email:
Kennett Fire Company
Attn: Richard Franks, Supervisor
301 Dalmatian St.
Kennett, PA 19348